Peace Off 20th anniversary feature articles



If you know Breakcore, it will know Peace Off.
Without them, the Breakcore scene did not exist.

Peace Off has released so many Breakcore masterpieces in the past 20 years.
Including sublabels such as Bang A Rang, Brothers In Blood, Damage, Hurry Up Limited, Kamikaze Club, Mutant Sniper & Ruff, they have released works close to 100 titles. Those works are always fresh and unique regardless of the times. Peace Off give to the shock for the Breakcore scene under the strong Punk spirit all the time.

This time, we ask to young generation of Breakcore artists about their favorite Peace Off release. Let's once again look back on the great history of Peace Off.

Peace Off
https://www.facebook.com/peaceoffrecords
https://peaceoff.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/peace-off

Ars Dada
https://soundcloud.com/arsdada


First of all, I have to say I find it bordering impossible to pick one favourite release among all the incredible stuff that Peace Off has released through the years. Peace Off was and is a staple of quality, and to me having my first release there, in 2012 I think- felt like a benchmark in my production “career”, so congratulations to Frank and Peace Off on 20 years in the game! When I had to pick one release I went for maybe one of the lesser known names, so to speak, at the label, undeservedly so though. Llamatron for me is absolutely up there with the great bass maestros, and definitely had an influence on myself as a producer, especially the True Norwegian Bass Metal stuff. His had a stellar string of EP releases on Peace Off, and this one is no exception. Bass Cartel is an absolute stellar beast of groove driven bass,infused metal, pretty much from start to finish. Warstep at its finest! I think my favourite track might be the crazy title track that jumps from half time to Dnb and back effortlessly, and also includes a crazy part towards the end where everything seems to almost collapse and fall apart rhythmically before pounding back in again heavier than ever. A release highly recommended to check out for anyone into groovy, industrial, metalbass Warfare! 


Babyshaker
https://soundcloud.com/babyshaker


For me this record is the epitome of the Junglecore sound as probably the biggest influence on my own music as Babyshaker. I've been a massive fan of Bastardo for years and am fortunate enough to be able to say I've met him a few times, played shows with him and he's remixed one of my tunes (proper breakcore bucket list item for me). 



Klitorix
https://soundcloud.com/klitorix


I discovered Peace Off Rec via Rotator around 2005/2006, at this period i didnt have internet at home yet... But i knew how to use a usb key and i've always been motivated and curious when its time to find some new music, a little bit like a quest. So the fact is that Rotator was the only breakcore artists to be present in my 512mo mp3 player (actually a live at Kamikaze Warfare). I had already been initiated to rough and raw sounds in electronic music with the first Digital Hardcore releases and most recent stuff on Dtrash. But listen to Rotator was other level, sounded trashy but clean, fast and energetic, sampling as well from all sides hip-hop lyrics , ragga vocals and guitar riffs associated to jungle breaks and hardcore kicks under amphets. The chaotic atmosphere which resulted from it was completely insane, i began to be fan directly and gave me an idea about the direction i wanted to follow musically. So i chose this release because its one of the first who introduced me into the Peace Off sound which was a important label in the breakcore movement.



Mathlovsky
https://mathlovsky.bandcamp.com/


I remember being 15 and searching on in the internet for breakcore, this new style of music i found through hearing at a local party filled with crusty punks and keta-heads. After scouting through message boards and soulseek chatrooms, i found the Peace Off label. The title immediatly sparked my interest, being into metal and hardcore punk. What i heard was mindblowing and liberating. Finally an attitude that resonated with my own spirit and mental state at the time. A sound, an attitude, a way of existing. Doing what you want, how you want and when you want ! What breakcore did for me at 15 years old, when it was this collective of artists just doing their own thing, not being a established genre but a way of doing things - I will never forget that feeling. I am immensely proud i am part of Peace Off, for me a dream come true releasing on there and performing alongside the label roster. Being assured that doing your own thing is the only way forward. No matter what style or tempo, the true spirit still lives. NEVER SURRENDER !


Ulcerium
https://soundcloud.com/ulcerium


This is the release that converted me to badass sounds after I was making lame IDM. Was an eye opener that I am grateful for until now. And still hoping to get more from Rotator and Peace Off.